Red Pride Athletic Hall of Fame Charter
Submitted by C.J. Van Devander on Sunday, September 20, 2015
THE RIVERHEADS HIGH SCHOOL
RED PRIDE HALL OF FAME
The Riverheads High School Red Pride Hall of Fame is hereby established to honor former athletes, coaches, administrators, or individuals who have made outstanding or lasting contributions to the Riverheads High School Athletic program. The Hall of Fame may also honor former athletes who have made significant contributions in fields outside Riverheads High Schoolathletics.
Inductees to the Red Pride Hall of Fame will be selected on an annual basis by the Hall of Fame Committee from nominations made by alumni, friends, and members of the Riverheads High School community. Once an individual is nominated he is eligible for induction and does not have to be nominated again to be considered for induction. Induction of these members will be held annually at a game so designated by the Hall of Fame Committee. A formal dinner will be held on the Friday or Saturday night following that game.
The Hall of Fame Committee will consist of the Hall of Fame Chairman, President of the Riverheads Boosters Club, Vice President of the Riverheads Boosters Club, Riverheads High School Athletics Director, Riverheads High School Principal, three members of the Red Pride Hall of Fame, three members of Riverheads coaching staff, and three Riverheads alumni.
An athlete’s participation in Riverheads athletics must have occurred five or more years prior to induction. A coach must be retired a minimum of one year prior to induction. Circumstances which are deemed extraordinary may be considered to achieve a waiver for this criteria but it must pass a unanimous approval of the Hall of Fame Committee.
Any member of the Hall of Fame Committee will be ineligible for induction while serving on the committee. Waiver of this stipulation would require unanimous approval by the Hall of Fame Committee. Any Hall of Fame member who is a candidate for recognition shall abstain from the voting process.
The nominee shall:
- Have been a full time student and graduate of Riverheads High School with a minimum of more than five years elapsed since graduation
- Have been a coach or administrator at Riverheads High School with a minimum of one year elapsed since retiring from that position.
- Have been a community member who made outstanding contributions to Riverheads High School Athletics
The Hall of Fame Committee may consider a waiver to these criteria based on extraordinary circumstances. A waiver of this type must have unanimous approval of the Hall of Fame Committee.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Achievement or leadership in athletics based on:
- Post season honors such as all state, all region, all district teams
- Record setting performances
- Participation in several sports at the varsity level
- Post graduation achievements evidenced by:
- Outstanding amateur or professional performance in a sport
- Achievement in coaching or training of athletes
- Achievement in other sports related fields such as sports journalism or broadcasting
- Contributions to Society and leadership in:
- Community Affairs
- Church Affairs
- Riverheads High School Affairs
The Hall of Fame Committee may upon unanimous vote authorize an induction to a person who falls outside the defined criteria. Such awards will be recognized along with other members of the Red Pride Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame Committee may authorize “Team Recognition” to teams in recognition of their outstanding achievement toRiverheads High School. Such award will be recognized with other members of the Red pride Hall of Fame.
Each inductee will receive an appropriate award upon induction and will have his or her name placed on a plaque and displayed in the atrium of the gym; the Athletics Department at Riverheads High School will solicit nominations for Hall of Fame candidates in all sports. The Hall of Fame Committee will consider such nominations at its annual meeting.
This charter may be amended with an affirmative of eight members of the Hall of Fame Committee.
Please login to post comments